How to get an Non-Criminal Record for use in China

You should make your application in writing to the Superintendent in charge of the district where you live.

If you no longer live in Ireland, write to the Superintendent for the district where you use to live.

If you leave your application into your local Garda station for forwarding to the Superintendent for the district, you should take note of the Garda’s name or shoulder number.

Your application in writing should include the following:

  • Full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
  • Date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
  • Current address
  • All addresses at which you have lived in Ireland and when you lived there
  • The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate

You should also include with your application:

  • A copy of your passport, driving license or similar for identification purposes
  • stamped, self-addressed envelope

Your application will take approximately 3 weeks to process.

For more information, visit the official website.

To use the document you will need to get it Legalised by the Department of Foreign Affairs and then approved by the Chinese Embassy in Dublin.

It is possible to get a certified true copy of the document in China by the Irish Embassy/Consulate which may be sufficient for the Public Security Bureau in China, but it is not the correct method and could lead to rejection of your application.